Protein plays an important role in the growth, development and maintenance of the body.
Protein is needed for hormones, enzymes and antibodies creation, transport and storage of molecules, cell division and healing, tissue building such as muscle, bones, skin and teeth and many other functions.
- Fish and shellfish
- Nuts and seeds
- Dairy products
- Beans and peas
- Consume adequate amount of proteins at each meal
- Vary your options to get all the vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, iron and zinc
- Try to choose lean or low fat meat and poultry. Remove visible fat and skin
- Consume unsalted and raw nuts
- Go for low fat dairy products